httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Segmentation errors
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2004 08:41:02 GMT

When apache executes a CGI program, it forks a new shell with the uid of
the apache user. Also the shell is usually something basic like /bin/sh.
This means that the environment is quite different from you on the
command-line. Many environment variables and even shell commands may not
be available to the CGI. Write a short script to dump out the ENV and
see if anything important is missing.

when you find out what you need, you can pass and set envs with PassEnv
and SetEnv (see docs for details).

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> What I've done:
>
> recompiled and installed php
> recompiled and installed apache
> recompiled and installed freetds
> installed and compiled apache 2.0.47
> went back to 2.0.48
> tried kernel 2.4.6
> returned to kernel 2.4.20
> pulled what's left of my hair out
>
> There is 147 gig of free disk space and 2 gig of memory on
> the system. Currently I am the only user while I have trying
> to fix it.
>
> Help! Any ideas or thoughts will save my bacon.
>
> Thanks

Diese E-mail ist eine private und persnliche Kommunikation. Sie hat
keinen Bezug zur B rsen- bzw. Geschftst tigkeit der SWX Gruppe. This
exchange or business activities of the SWX Group. Le prsent e-mail est
un message priv  et personnel, sans rapport avec l'activit boursi re du
Groupe SWX.

The sender’s company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
views of the sender’s company.