httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David Bezjak" <da...@wingenius.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache mod_ssl bug?
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 23:07:45 GMT
It seems that I can't access (download) files like archives when I enable
https on my server.

I've now made the most basic example and it just won't work.

I've created this virtual host in my httpd.conf:

<VirtualHost *:443>
    ServerAdmin david@wingenius.com
    DocumentRoot /Apache2/htdocs/https
    ServerName 127.0.0.1:443
    ErrorLog logs/127.0.0.1.log
    CustomLog logs/127.0.0.1-access.log common
    SSLEngine On
    SSLCertificateFile conf/ssl/test.cer
    SSLCertificateKeyFile conf/ssl/test.pem
    SSLCACertificateFile conf/ssl/Equifax_Secure_Certificate_Authority.cer
</VirtualHost>

A very simple Virtual host.

And this is my index.html in the /Apache2/htdocs/https directory:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
</BODY>
</HTML>

When I click "Do you feel lucky?". I get a file not found error.

"Internet Explorer cannot download foo.zip from..."

"..The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found."

If I modify it slightly by changing port and remove the SSL lines in my
httpd.conf it works.

Please help! Any ideas?

Windows 2000
Apache 2.0.48