httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Villa <jvi...@isdesigndev.com>
Subject [users@httpd] whatis > Segmentation Fault
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 06:15:35 GMT
I'm running an RPM installation of Apache 1.3.27 on a server from which
I host several sites...never had an issue, until now...

Out of the blue, well at least from what I can tell, 2 of Virtual Hosts
don't work...

I can go to anyone of the domains and it's fine...however, with the
default domain, whenever I try to go to it, nothing happens with my
browser...no status bar, no "connection refused" message from Mozilla,
nothing... I get this error everytime...

Wed Feb  4 06:06:18 2004] [notice] child pid 3712 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

With the pid being different every time of course...

So, I can tell that when that site, which is a simple html site, gets a
request, a httpd process gets killed, however a new starts up right
away...it's a cycle...

I changed MaxSpareServers from 20 to 20 to see if that would help any as
well as StartServers from 8 to 10.  But nothing is helping out here...

Any ideas?

Misc info:

Running PHP RPM installation of 4.1.2
Redhat 7.1