httpd-users mailing list archives

From Aaron W Morris <aaronmor...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_perl help..
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 22:41:12 GMT
Yves Arsenault wrote:
> Hey Aaron,
>
> Just out of curiosity, what would you recommend for high load sites?
>
> For what we currently have on our servers AWStats is awesome, but we don't
> have a real high load.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Yves

Analog is pretty good.  It is a compiled C program so it is very quick
when it parses and also reads compressed log files "natively".  It can
also read log files out-of-order.

The only reason I do not recommend using AWStats for high load sites is
it can be very slow reading logs since it is written in perl.  Also, you
are more likely to have multiple servers with high-load sites and
reading multiple log files for the same site in AWStats can be complex.