httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tal Yardeni" <apa...@tal-net.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache + DNS
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 21:33:03 GMT

The quickest way I can think of to do this is to have a separate virtual
host for the short hostname, and use mod_rewrite:

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName site1
RewriteRule ^(/.*) http://%{SERVER_NAME}.mydomain.com$1
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost site1>
 ServerName site1.mydomain.com

 DocumentRoot /usr/local/proj/site1/html
 ErrorLog /usr/local/proj/site1/_log/error_log
 CustomLog /usr/local/proj/site1/_log/access_log common
</VirtualHost>

If you get creative with RewriteCond, you should be able to do this in a
single VirtualHost