httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bill Leonard <b...@machinemen.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Finding out specifics about each httpd process..
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 18:44:29 GMT
Hi All, I appreciate everyone's help in here. I just joined but have learned
a lot from reading the past messages!

My issue: A web server (Apache 1.3.28) with a ton of virtual hosts, each
access and error log file located in the user's directory (I know, ill
advised, but that's not my current problem :)

The server has all of a sudden began slowing down due to an extreme load
from somewhere... I have determined it is the web server traffic/load which
is causing the slowdown (non-scientific test of stopping Apache, running
some tests, and then restarting).

My question: how can I find out the source of the traffic for each httpd
process? With separate log files and hundreds of hosts, it would seem maybe
there's a better way that searching each log file. My goal is to find out
the destination/trouble user and "adjust" their access.

Any tips in this area would be welcomed :)

Bill