httpd-users mailing list archives

From shane c branch <scbra...@barton.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Re: Re: Changing Port Apache listens on?
Date Sun, 21 Mar 2004 00:08:16 GMT
George Hester wrote:
> I don't think you understand.  In httpd.conf EVERYTHING looks like comments.  EVERYTHING.
 Not somethings but EVERYTHING.
> This is an issue of linebreaks not appearing in Notepad which is what I am using to view
the file.
> When I tried posting in this post what it looked like to me the line breaks appeared
correctly.
> I have fixed the issue.  But only because when I tried to post the way the
> file looks to me the linebreaks became clear which they wer NOT viewing httpd.conf
> in Notepad.

Wow! you are using notepad? Get something that will support syntax
highlighting, such as jedit (www.jedit.org).

As regards the format, if that is the issue, then try downloading that
unix2dos.exe and/or dos2unix.exe utilities. They are command line
programs that convert the formats of text documents.

--
regards,

shane