httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian Dessent <br...@dessent.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Re: Re: Changing Port Apache listens on?
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2004 10:06:37 GMT
George Hester wrote:

> I don't think you understand.  In httpd.conf EVERYTHING looks like comments.  EVERYTHING.
 Not somethings but EVERYTHING.
> This is an issue of linebreaks not appearing in Notepad which is what I am using to view
the file.
> When I tried posting in this post what it looked like to me the line breaks appeared
correctly.
> I have fixed the issue.  But only because when I tried to post the way the
> file looks to me the linebreaks became clear which they wer NOT viewing httpd.conf
> in Notepad.

You're trying to use a windows program to view a file with Unix mode
line endings.  Use an editor that supports unix mode.

And take the advice that has already been given here, don't use the
Cygwin version unless you have some specific need.  Use the windows
native 2.x version.

Brian