httpd-users mailing list archives

From Hafid AIT IFRANE <ha...@inapg.fr>
Subject [users@httpd] Setting acces rights to owner of UserDir
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2004 09:33:28 GMT
Hi all,<br><br>
I'm newbie in this list, and i didn't find anwers in archives, so i'm
begging for your help...<br>
I have a problem with access rights to User Directories. I want to grant
acces only to owner of the user directory without declaring all users of
course (i have around 2 000 users !!). I'm using LDAP to authenticate my
users.<br><br>
I know i can configure my httpd.conf with this rules :<br><br>
Dav On<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
IncludesNoExec<br>
AuthName &quot;Tests de reconnaissance de user LDAP pour
apache&quot;<br>
AuthLDAPURL ldap://xxxx.inapg.inra.fr:389/ou=People,&nbsp; o=inapg,
c=fr?uid?sub<br>
AuthType Basic<br><br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;Limit
POST</font><font face="Courier, Courier"> DELETE PATCH PROPPATCH MKCOL
COPY MOVE LOCK UNLOCK&gt;<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Order allow,deny<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Allow from all<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; require user test<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;/Limit&gt;<br>
&lt;/Directory&gt;<br><br>
Is there a solution to do this?<br><br>
In another hand, I'm using a dav module to make user directories
available with webdav. I tested it, and it works well but the files i
create are owned by apache and not by the user authenticated. So when the
user wants access the files he had created before, via Samba or directly
connected to the server, he cannot because he doesn't have sufficient
acces rights. I don't know if it is clear...<br><br>
Thanks for your answers.<br><br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
-<br>
Hafid AIT IFRANE<br>