httpd-users mailing list archives

From Marty Landman <MLand...@face2interface.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] localhost not working on XP
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2004 00:42:18 GMT
At 06:59 PM 3/21/2004, Kim Evans wrote:

>ran the netstat it gave me
>TCP   kim01:http            kim01:0                  LISTENING        4000

  TCP    delliver:http          localhost:3484         TIME_WAIT

is what I got doing a netstat from the command line on my xp home box with
apache2 running. That's the line for apache that is so while I don't know
what it means I am running properly.

>Going to localhost didn't add anything to the error log
>The \etc\hosts file has the 127.0.0.1  localhost.

Looks ok, the first line of my C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file says

127.0.0.1           localhost

Kim, in your httpd.conf file what do you have for the Listen and ServerName
directives? Also can you ping localhost and 127.0.0.1 from the command line?

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc.   845-679-9387
Web Installed Formmailer: http://face2interface.com/Products/Formal.shtml
FormATable  DB: http://face2interface.com/Products/FormATable.shtml