httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dan MacNeil <omacn...@brave.cs.uml.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] suexec debugging
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 02:37:44 GMT

Well since my last random effort was helpful here is another...

My wild guess is that the DocumentRoot in httpd.conf and the file
system is different than what you compiled suexec with so you are out of
luck until you recompile.

> For starters I don't understand groups; there I said it. I changed
> httpd.conf to have user www and commented out the group directive for the
> document root, while I also have user dad for a virtual host.

Your first message w/ your virtual directive isn't in this message and I
deleted the original, so this is from memory.

I believe the User/Group directive in the <VirtualHost> directive
overrides document root one and the global one (outside a document root

> doubtless because I compiled apache with suexec and user www, while my
> httpd.conf file has user nobody and group nobody. Planning, who needs planning?

So change httpd.conf to match your compiled version.

> Also edited /etc/passwd and changed nobody to www.

Why not just be sure there is a www user?

Notes for my suexec project are here:

	http://csl.ltc.org/sys/project.d/suexec.d/install.txt

If you could include:

	 your <virtual> directive