httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Anton Krall" <akr...@intruder.com.mx>
Subject [users@httpd] htaccess and cookies
Date Sun, 25 Apr 2004 19:46:46 GMT
Guys. Im using patUser to restrict access to a web site Im coding... so far
it works great on restricting pages but I have a problem now.. I have a
directory with documents (.doc files) which I also need to restrict access
to, probably using .htaccess files I guess... the problem is, how can I do
this using patUser cookies so the already logged in user can check his
credential against the .htaccess files to see if he can download files from
that dir?

This problem came along when I entered the direct URL for a file and
eventhough the user wasn't logged in.. he was able to download the file!

How can I manage this? any ideas?

Thank you!