httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Neil Pitman" <neil.pit...@mahjongmania.com>
Subject [users@httpd] HTTPS proxy to HTTP internal server
Date Sat, 24 Apr 2004 19:50:08 GMT
I'm trying to set up a secure HTTP link between external clients and a
server speaking HTTP. (The server is propriatory - neither HTTPD nor IIS nor
anything you might think).  I have successfully setup HTTPD as a proxy, but
I'm trying to secure it.  It has its own SSL, but I would prefer to offload
it to the proxy for several reasons (performance, licensing, monitoring).
Since I am in the predeployment phase, I have control of all the servers,
configurations and topology.

Is there a way to receive HTTPS connections and proxy them to one or more
backend HTTP servers, including routing based on the HTTP header contents?

Neil Pitman
Work +1.514.344.1218
Cell +1.514.863.5465
Neil.pitman@mahjongmania.com