httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Neil Pitman" <neil.pit...@mahjongmania.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Windows Sources for 1.3.29
Date Sat, 24 Apr 2004 20:33:03 GMT
Thanks Chris,

This was not meant to impune mistrust, at least any more that would be
natural of one follows the credo "trust no one".  At first, I did no small
amount of fist-shaking at the fact that I could not find prebuilt binaries.
(Since my C days are in the dim dark past) But then I realized that if I'm
serious about security I should build them myself.  (Because if I was
serious about compromising security, I would dump some hacked binaries where
the lazy guys like me would take them).

Thanks for the pointers

Neil

-----Original Message-----
From: hunter [mailto:theantigod@sympatico.ca]
Sent: April 24, 2004 3:09 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Windows Sources for 1.3.29

On Sat, 2004-04-24 at 12:23, Neil Pitman wrote:
> Thanks Aaron,
>
> How do I know that this executable has not been hacked?

Niel,

I should have said in my last note but I forgot. I can also help you with
getting the sources you are looking for.

Just download apache_1.3.29.tar.gz from Apache.org and don't worry about the
fact that is doesn't say Windows in the filename. It builds just fine and
that is how I do it. I figure they just stopped making the Windows sources
because there is nothing special about them, except perhaps the CR/LF thing.
But it does not appear to cause a problem building it.

Chris Lewis