httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Lomas" <mlo...@rogers.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Need help with error logging please
Date Sat, 24 Apr 2004 04:33:45 GMT
Hello,

Question:

When an Apache startup message is prefaced with [warn], is that necessarily a message of error
LogLevel 'warn'? Is it possible such a message may in fact be of 'notice' level? Or maybe
all error messages inherit all LogLevels lesser in severity?

Detail:

I'm running httpd v1.3.29, and always getting startup message: "[warn] (2)No such file or
directory: exec() may not be safe". This is known by Apache to be a bug. The problem is, my
error log fills up very quickly, because the message is repeated with each server request.
I've put my error LogLevel at 'crit', yet these messages are still logged. The reason I ask
about the 'notice' level is that I know such messages cannot be supressed from logging to
file, so I'm thinking perhaps that's my problem.

Thanks for any advice,
Martin
http://www.musicwomb.org/