httpd-users mailing list archives

From James Taylor <...@hatesville.com>
Subject [users@httpd] ....might crash under EAPI
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 03:15:57 GMT
Hi, I did an install of apache 1.3.9 with mod_ssl, and during my
configure did a --enable-module=so --enable-shared=max, and it didn't
compile all of the modules I needed (defaults like mod_rewrite,
mod_vhost_alias, etc).  So, I just copied them from another apache
install over to /libexec.  Everything works just fine with them in,
except when I start apache I keep getting:
Loaded DSO libexec/mod_setenvif.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this
module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)

etc. etc. for every module other than libperl and mod_ssl.   In my
source tree under /src/modules/standard I have all of them sitting
around, and I'd like to compile then with EAPI enabled, but I'm not
quite sure how.  I'd really prefer not to have to recompile apache, as
getting mod_perl and mod_ssl to run with apache 1.3.9 was a real pain
(still can't get php installed).

So, basically what I'm asking is, how do I compile the modules in
/src/modules/standard using DSO or whatever I need to.  Thanks