httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andrea Cerrito ...@gentestrana.net>
Subject [users@httpd] httpd by root at 99,9%
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2004 10:01:19 GMT
Hi list,
I have noticed, on a not-so-busy box, that httpd process (just the one
owned by root) is _eating_ all CPU power (dual Xeon HT).

I thought that it can be a near - limits (ie: MaxClient) set by
httpd.conf, but raising them does nothing.
What can I investigate to understand why this process is eating 99,9% of
my system?
Is httpd_by_root involved in managing logs? Is it possible that httpd is
blocked by a kernel limit?

Thanks
--
Enjoy your freedom

Andrea Cerrito
http://www.gentestrana.net/
Linux User #103564

www.centromultimediale.tv
Vincitore del 35° Smau Industrial Design
ICOGRADA Excellence Award 2002
www.centromultimediale.it
www.etad.it

=== (17:57:49) Nietzsche: "niente è quello che sembra"