httpd-users mailing list archives

From tony wright <apa...@wrightone.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] using php in header file
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2004 20:55:40 GMT
On Monday 26 April 2004 20:41, BAO RuiXian wrote:
> David Benson wrote:
> >>I am sure there is somewhere to tell apache or php which file extensions
> >> to use as php files but I can't remember where it is.
> >>
> >>perhaps someone else out there could tell us?
> >
> >[snip...]
> >2. Apache knows which files to treat as PHP files...
> >
> >	# Tell Apache to feed all *.php files through the PHP module
> >	AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
>
> I think you can add .html .htm etc. after .php in the above line. Then,
Original thread:
> I had apache setup on my linux box (rh9 apache 1.?) and had a
> headerfile.php file working to display a header on directory listing. this
> worked fine. I have suddenly noticed that the header file is no longer
> displayed, trouble is since the last time i noticed it working I have
> upgraded to fedora and also to apache 2
> I have tried renaming the file to headerfile.htm and it works do I have to
> add anything to httpd.conf to enable php header files to work? Has it
> changed in apache?

you can do the above and it works, however to get back to the original
thread :-) When I add that line and change my header to .htm the file is not
displayed at all, is it possible that the directory i have my header in
( /include) needs to be "added" to a list of php/cgi allowed directories?

tony