httpd-users mailing list archives

From ray v <ray...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Can you create multiple responses for a single client reqest through Proxy?
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2004 01:18:52 GMT
I'm trying to understand some possibilities here.

Situation..
A client browser connects to the Origin server through
a Proxy device. Client does a request-method GET,
ordinrarily the server should send a response message
with a status code, 200(OK) for example.

In this situation what prevents the Origin server to
send several responses after the client as only sent
one request?

I've read the RFC 2616 and am trying to make sense of
it as a dev-guy. Can I say, that for ever request a
client makes there must be one response from the
Origin server? That if a proxy device sees this kind
of thing the Proxy will ignore it?

Sorry for the elongated questions I'm just trying to
become more informed :)

Thanks to everyone contributed on this list!