httpd-users mailing list archives

From ray v <ray...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Can you create multiple responses for a single client reqest through Proxy?
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2004 15:39:13 GMT
My apologies on the mix of questions.

I would like to write a module for Apache that sets up
communications with a client in such a way that...

When the client sends a request the server response by
sending several response-messages with status codes
and doesn't care if the client sends anymore requests.

The idea is that if we have a presistant connection to
the Apache server can we continually send status
messages in the form of standard http response
messages.

The second half of the question is my attempt at
understand that if my first question were possible
what will happen through mod_proxy?

There are a lot of things I don't quite understand
about the http 1.1 spec. I don't think I'm alone here,
but I want to establish a rule for my questions.

So, to that end. Is it true that for every http
request made by a client a response must be made?

If this is the rule and their are no exceptions, I
have no basis for what I'm trying to accomplish and I
can move on to other things. :)

Cheers!