httpd-users mailing list archives

From ray v <ray...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] status line / request line question
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 01:39:35 GMT
Ok this is probably a really dumb question, but is
seeing really believing?

I've looked at several ethereal capture files to see
how HTTP traffic is being handle by the mozilla and
Apache server.

Sometimes I see in the request line HTTP/1.0 at other
times it might be HTTP/1.1. Other times it looks as if
its mixed in the same client/server session.

Whats happening here? If the server and client is
http1.1 compliant, why do I see HTTP/1.0 in requests
and responses?

danke!