httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andy Harrison <a...@harrisonfamily.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Environment Variables surviving log rotation HUP signal
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:01:05 GMT
For reasons I won't bore you with, I had to install perl in a
non-standard location.  I compiled mod_perl against this new location,
but in order to make it truly happy, I had to add to the rc.d start
script and the apachectl script the env var:

export PERL5LIB=/usr/local/rt3/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.2/i386-freebsd

However, it does not seem to be lasting when logs are rotated and
httpd is hup'ed.

If possible, just so there isn't yet-another-one-off, I'd like to keep
log rotation in the current newsyslog.conf instead of installing a
separate log rotation mechanism for Apache.  Is this possible?  I
don't want this to be a global change because I don't want to affect
the version of perl that is installed in a standard location.

--
Andy Harrison
(full headers for details)