httpd-users mailing list archives

From BAO RuiXian <ruixian....@pp.inet.fi>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] CGI + Virtual host difficulty
Date Sun, 25 Apr 2004 08:45:06 GMT

Charles Ulrich wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>I'm having a problem setting up a virtual host to handle a Perl-driven CGI
>application. The problem: When accessing the virtual host, the server returns
>a 500 Internal Server Error. Upon inspecting the logs, the message given is
>the infamous "premature end of script headers." Nothing more. And I'm not
>sure how to proceed.

This error message means that either you don't have a correct header
printed or some other messages have been printed before the the header.
I can think of two reasons for this: one is, do you have the correct
perl path in your index.cgi script? two, have you printed out the head
information before any other information printed out such as

    print "Context-type: text/html\n\n"

something like this?

Best

Bao