httpd-users mailing list archives

From Pete Stokes <stok...@quinn-direct.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Reverse / ProxyPass & static content
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2004 22:35:49 GMT
Hi.

First, thanx for all the contributions I've had because things are
working very well now. I have one last item I want to try :

I have Apache2 reverse proxying to a Tomcat webapp. I want to serve the
statics from Apache, and I can see a variety of ways, such as
FilesMatch, and now what you have been discussing.

I basically want to get as much speed as poss, so I'm wondering if
rather than having a series of Alias commands (which don't seem to work)
to map a request for /App/images/a.gif to a local
/htdocs/MyApp1/images/a.gif, I can use what you said below to have a
VirtualHost on port 80 to serve the statics.

Can any1 advise the best method to do this ?

Many thanks,
Pete.

Milos Prudek wrote:

>> You can very likely get what you want by adding
>> ProxyPass /hell !
>> BEFORE the existing ProxyPass.  See:
>

> God, I did not notice this in the docs. And it's right there. Thank you
> very much for you kindness. And yes, it works in my specific case.

in error please notify the system manager.
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the
presence of computer viruses.
For any information on the Quinn Group of Companies please visit :-

http://www.quinn-group.com