httpd-users mailing list archives

From John David Ratliff <jdrat...@indiana.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_rewrite rule loses match on second rewrite rule
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2004 17:39:05 GMT
I have recently changed a directory on my website. I want to redirect
requests from the old directory to the new directory.

I also changed from using perl cgi scripts to PHP scripts. I would like
to write one set of rules that allows me to correct both these problems.

RewriteCond     %{QUERY_STRING}                 ^p=(.*)
RewriteRule     ^tigcc-asm(.*)                  assembly$1
RewriteRule     ^([^/]*/?)index\.cgi            /$1%1.php?
[R=permanent,L]

So, if I should get a request for http://website/tigcc-asm/index.cgi?p=foo
then I want it to become
http://website/assembly/foo.php

However, what actually happens is this:

http://website/tigcc-asm/index.cgi?p=foo becomes
http://website/assembly/.php

It seems to forget what %1 is on the second rule. However, if I put %1
in the first rule, foo will show up.

I read the apache mod_rewrite guide and the Practical Solutions for URL
manipulation guide, but they didn't seem to have an answer to this problem.
I have tried several variations of the above. Adding a slash before
assembly$1. I tried using the next [N] flag. None of these things helped.

I can place them separately, but I have more rules I want to add for
other special cases.

Thanks for any assistance,

John David Ratliff
jdratlif@indiana.edu