httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Charles Ulrich" <char...@idealso.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] CGI + Virtual host difficulty
Date Sun, 25 Apr 2004 18:35:29 GMT
BAO RuiXian said:
> This error message means that either you don't have a correct header
> printed or some other messages have been printed before the the header.
> I can think of two reasons for this: one is, do you have the correct
> perl path in your index.cgi script?

Yes. The path to perl in the scripts is /usr/bin/perl. The file does in
fact exist, is executable, and interprets perl code.

> two, have you printed out the head
> information before any other information printed out such as
>
>     print "Context-type: text/html\n\n"
>
> something like this?

I don't think so... when I substitute the printenv script (which comes
with Apache) for the index.cgi file that bugzilla uses, I get the exact
same set if errors. This is why I believe it's a problem with the vhost
setup. Here's what printenv looks like:

#!/usr/bin/perl
##
##  printenv -- demo CGI program which just prints its environment
##

print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n";
foreach $var (sort(keys(%ENV))) {
    $val = $ENV{$var};