httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] CGI + Virtual host difficulty
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2004 12:27:35 GMT

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, Charles Ulrich wrote:

> Joshua Slive said:

> >> * If I execute the script directly from the command line, I get the HTTP
> >> headers and expected content.
> >
> > Next step: Are you running suexec?  (See the instructions from the link
> > above.)
> >
> > Joshua.
>
> Nope, no suexec in sight...

Please double-check that, since it is a very likely cause of your
problems, assuming you didn't compile apache yourself.

Let's summarize:

1. The printenv script works when you call it from the command line
WITHOUT DIRECTLY INVOKING THE PERL INTEPRETER.

2. The printenv script fails with "premature end of script headers" when
called as a cgi script.

3. You are positive that your aren't running suexec or any other cgi
wrapper.

If this is the case, you have some weird stuff going on.  I'd look at the
following:

- Are you using any third-party modules?

- Can you make an sh cgi script run, as in
#!/bin/sh
echo Content-Type: Text/plain
echo
echo Hellow world.