httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Vhost configuration problem
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2004 12:47:13 GMT

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, Bo Boe wrote:

> I am trying to set up a machine with multiple vhosts
> running on it all having their own ip address. I tried
> the following configuration file, but the virualhost2
> does not seem to be working. Could anyone indicate
> what I am doing wrong?
>
> I am running apache 2.0.48 on a gentoo linux box.
>
> here is my vhost.conf file:

> #virtualhost 2
> NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.6:443
>
> <VirtualHost 192.168.0.6:443>
>     Serveradmin webmaster@mydomain.com
>     Documentroot /var/www/vhosts/virtualhost2
>     Servername virtualhost2.mydomain.com
>     Serveralias virtualhost2
>     ErrorLog logs/virtualhost2-error_log
>     CustomLog logs/virtualhost2-access_log common
>     Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks
> </Virtualhost>

A couple issues here:

1. The NameVirtualHost directive is used *only* for name-based virtual
hosts.  You don't want that for IP or Port based virtual hosts.

2. Judging from the port number, you appear to want to run SSL on the
second virtual host.  But it doesn't appear that you have actually
activated SSL.

Joshua.