httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Barth \(John\) Jones" <musicbyba...@alltel.net>
Subject [users@httpd] windows config
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 16:49:09 GMT
Hello.  I've installed Apache2Triad on my XP Pro PC and I'm trying to figure out how to configure
the httpd.config file.  I just need Apache to let me test programs from my PC (I don't really
need to provide any services for web users at this point).

For example, the second directive (ScoreBoardFile logs/apache_runtime_status) is behind a
# sign.  Do I need this in my configuration or should I leave it as is?

The file that the third directive (PidFile logs/http.pid) points to isn't even at that location.
 Do I need to do something about it?

I've never really configured anything except via a GUI, so I'm clueless of what to do.  I
have a very basic understanding of programming.  Jargon usually confuses me.  Used moderately
I can get through it if you don't mind my asking for clarification.

Thanks!