httpd-users mailing list archives

From tj szewcz <tjdumph...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] 502 Error
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 19:38:45 GMT

Hey everyone -

Im using the apache server that came with my wonderful
mac osx (panther) installation.  I have a static IP
address, but there are 2 other computers (running on
windows) on the network which are all connected
through a standard hub.  Supposidly all of the
machines each have their own IP address.

When I try and connect to my IP (24.250.13.93) with my
computer everything works fine.  But when I try to
connect to it with any other computer (even computers
on the network) I'm getting a 502 timeout error.

One strange thing I have noticed is that in the
sharing panel it says that I have the sharing IP of
(http://ip24-250-13-93.ri.ri.cox.net/).  When I use
that address on my computer the server also works, but
it still doesnt work on other machines.

The only things Ive edited in the .conf file is to
make the server listen for that specific address
(24.250.13.93:80) and a custom 404 file.

So what do you think is causing this error?  Is it
becasue Im going through a hub attached to other
computer?  Other than that Im completly stumped as to
hat the problem is.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated!

TJ