httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joseph A. Nagy, Jr." <jnag...@joseph-a-nagy-jr.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Two NIC's, One Server
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 16:21:29 GMT
On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 08:54:30AM -0700, Gary Smith wrote the following:
> First, bind Apache to the IP's that you are using.  Second, are you using
> virtual hosting or are both NIC's serving the same site?  If they are

Virtual hosting.

> vhosts then you will need to bind the vhost to the IP for that NIC.  If
> the later, then you should just bind them to the external nic and use that
> only.

So I can bind all the sites to 192.168.1.3 (the IP of the nic that has port
80 requests forwarded to it)?

> Is there a particular reason for two NICs?

Eventually this computer is going to be put in front of the router as a
firewall/router/server with the router further distributing the connection
inside my home network.
--
AIM: pres CTHULHU | ICQ: 18115568 | Yahoo: pagan_prince
Jabber: DarkKnightRadick@(jabber.org|amessage.at) | Libertarian @ Large