httpd-users mailing list archives

From Robert Mena <rt_m...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] limit of File descriptors?
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 14:25:29 GMT
Hi,

I've been facing a problem for 3 days where my web
site hosted in a linux/apache 1.3.x enviroment
suddenly stops working.

If I restart apache everything is fine for a while.

I looked the error_log and found messages like

[Fri Jun  4 08:53:27 2004] [warn] (24)Too many open
files: unable to open a file descriptor above 15, you
may need to increase the number of descriptors

When the problem was found I ran the following command

cat /proc/sys/fs/file-nr
1936    181     78641

So it seems that the limit has not been reached.

Any ideias ?