httpd-users mailing list archives

From BAO RuiXian <ruixian....@pp.inet.fi>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] cgi
Date Sun, 06 Jun 2004 10:56:06 GMT

Robert Andersson wrote:

>BAO RuiXian wrote:
>

>>It means all the files in your ScriptAliased directories will be
>>executed by a program (usually it is Internet Explorer if you have not
>>set a proper interpreter for the registry subkey Shell\ExecCGI\Command).
>>

>Uhm, not exactly. That subkey is only searched if ScriptInterpreterSource is
>set to "Registry-Strict", and it will fail if an interpreter isn't found.

But, according to
http://localhost/manual/mod/core.html#scriptinterpretersource:

Setting ScriptInterpreterSource Registry will cause the Windows Registry
tree HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT to be searched using the script file extension
(e.g., .pl) as a search key.

>The case they warn for is when it is set to "Registry", in conjunction with
>ScriptAlias, in which case all requests will cause execution of the
>application associated with each file. This might be IE, Photoshop, WinZip,

I understand from the docs that the above is only true when there is no
proper setting for the subkey /Shell/ExecCGI/Command, as I originally said.

>Notepad, or whatever. In this case it will not search the special registry
>subkey "ExecCGI", but the standard one.

Again, I also think even you set ScriptInterpreterSource with Registry,
the subkey /Shell/ExecCGI/Command will also be first searched, like the
following from the docs again:

The command defined by the registry subkey Shell\ExecCGI\Command or, if
it does not exist, by the subkey Shell\Open\Command is used to open the
script file.

Best

Bao