httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] cgi
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 09:09:00 GMT
Plain text please...

TO add to the other comments; Your hostname is wrong (unless you
specially created such a hostname in the HOSTS file?):

http://localuser/cgi-bin/testcgi.pl

should be;

http://localhost/cgi-bin/testcgi.pl

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

-----Original Message-----
From: Barth (John) Jones [mailto:musicbybarth@alltel.net]
Sent: Samstag, 5. Juni 2004 00:15
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] cgi

I'm trying to test a cgi script on my Apache2Triad server installed on a
WindowsXPPro platform.  My cgi-bin is in my server root, which is
c:/apache2triad/, and I have my ScriptAlias set to the following:

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/Apache2triad/cgi-bin/"

<Directory "C:/apache2triad/cgi-bin">
    AllowOverride None
    Options None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

I have a script called testcgi.pl in the cgi-bin.  When I go to my
browser and type http://localuser/cgi-bin/testcgi.pl I get that stupid
perfectnav search engine.  When I run it in Windows9x I get the
following:

C:\apache2triad\cgi-bin>perl testcgi.pl

<!DOCTYPE html
        PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
xml:lang="en-US"><head><
title>Untitled Document</title>
C:\apache2triad\cgi-bin>

Can somebody please explain where I'm going wrong?  I'm pretty sure the
testcgi.pl code is ok but here it is just in case (it should throw back
a blank page):

#!/usr/local/bin/perl

    use CGI ':standard';

    print header();