httpd-users mailing list archives

From lher...@propappr.marion.fl.us
Subject [users@httpd] Million+ web pages in a single directory?
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 15:18:18 GMT

We are running Apache 2.0.48 on a Windows 2000 Server using NTFS in support
of ESRI ArcIMS.  We are hosting a web site with 1 million+ pages on our
mainframe and are thinking about moving it off the mainframe to the Windows
2000 Server.  Are there any issues we should be concerned about with Apache
or Windows 2000 handling 1 million+ web pages in a single directory?  All
requests specify which web page to load, there is never a need to list
contents of the directory.

Thanks,

Lee Herbst
Programmer/Analyst