httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jori Mantysalo <j...@cs.uta.fi>
Subject [users@httpd] Solved: RewriteEngine at DocumentRoot
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 08:51:20 GMT
I found the problem I wrote few hours ago.

If you have at httpd.conf

<LocationMatch "^/$>
    Options Indexes
</LocationMatch>

and then at DocumentRoot directory got .htaccess with "RewriteEngine on",
you will always get "403 forbidden" when trying to open root index page.
It doesn't make any difference if you are using virtualhosts or not, nor
having index.html at DocumentRoot. Also it doesn't matter if your
.htaccess contains any RewriteRule -lines, plain "RewriteEngine on" will
make problem appear.

Is this a bug or feature? At least error_log entry about missing
FollowSymlinks option is wrong.

--
Jori Mäntysalo
Laboratorioinsinööri