httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bryanb...@aol.com
Subject [users@httpd] browse files on a server and select path to that folder
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 16:47:33 GMT
Hello

I am working on a website to be running on apache.  We've just added Tomcat 5.0 so we
have access to JSP in addition to Perl.

Basically I need something like the <input type = "file"> control but for browsing files

on the server side.  I understand that one can type in the URL of a specific location of
a folder on the server and browse from there.  That would work fine except that the in the
 end we want to obtain the path to specific files and/or a specific directory, like by
storing the path in a string or putting the path in a textbox like the <input type="file>

control does.   Actually as long as we could see the files listed in a particular folder
obtaining just the path to that folder would be just fine.    Later well be using the path
 to run other programs.  No uploading of any kind is required.  Based on some of my research

I think that the java.io.File class could be helpful but Im not 100% sure.

Thank you,

Bryan