httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tomasz Chmielewski <man...@interia.pl>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_proxy - apache as a transparent forward proxy (for LAN users)
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 07:21:12 GMT
Hello,

I sent this message to this list, but to date got no answer.

So my big problem is:

Currently I'm using Squid as a proxy server, but eventually I'd like to
switch to Apache 2, working as a forward proxy.
This is because there is a mod_clamav available for Apache 2, and there
isn't anything like it for Squid.

I made some promising tests with Apache 2, however, I'm not sure if
Apache 2 is capable of working as a transparent proxy in its forward
proxy mode?

Any hint on how to do it would be really appreciated (besides port
redirecting to Apache with iptables, of course :))

Reagrds,

Tomasz Chmielewski