httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tomasz Chmielewski <man...@interia.pl>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_vscan not working
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 13:36:26 GMT
Rajiv Ranjan wrote:
> Hi Tomsaz,
>
> I have installed clamAV and mod_clamav on my system. But when I try to run
> clamAV by running the executable "clamd" file, I get an error saying
>
> ERROR: Please edit the example config file /usr/local/etc/clamav.conf.
> ERROR: Can't open/parse the config file /usr/local/etc/clamav.conf
>
> I am working on understanding the conf file so that I can edit it (seems like
> I need to do that, anyway b4 I can get the thing up and running).
> Meanwhile can you tell me what are the directives I need to put in the apache
> conf file.

sample settings:

1) creaty directory ./your_httpd/etc/mod_clamav
2) copy files safepatterns.conf and sample.conf to the above directory
(you can rename sample.conf to something like mod_clamav.conf
3) add the line to your ./your_httpd/etc/httpd.conf

Include ./your_httpd/etc/mod_clamav/mod_clamav.conf

4) edit mod_clamav.conf - you may need to change these lines:

# make sure the directory exists, and you have permission to write to it
ClamavTmpdir    /tmp/clamav

# I had to change it to local to work
ClamavMode      local

# where clamav's virus database is
ClamavDbdir     /mnt/dysk/clamav/share/clamav

# I had to change the below lines to something like below
ClamavShm       /tmp/clamav.shm
ClamavMutex     /tmp/clamav.lock

# Custom log
CustomLog /some/where

# safe patterns is much better than ClamavSavetypes
Include ./your_httpd/etc/mod_clamav/safepatterns.conf

In safepatterns.conf I set ClamavSafepattern on (unhashed it).

And that was it.

Make sure to start clamd (in debug mode to see how it works) (the socket
should be /tmp/clamd and match that from mod_clamav.conf etc.), and
start freshclam in crontab to update virus definitions from time to time.

-- T.