httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Directory listing problem
Date Sun, 04 Jul 2004 00:55:38 GMT
On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 16:27:43 -0400 (EDT), Aaron Carr
<aaron.carr@aaroncarr.com> wrote:

> <Directory "/u01/linux">
> Options +Indexes
> AllowOverride None
> Order Deny,Allow
> Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> However, when I try to connect, hoping to get a file listing, I just get
> directed to the default site, and in the error_log, the following entry is
> written:
>
> Directory index forbidden by rule: /u01/linux/

This means that some other Options directive is overriding the one you
just placed.  Look through httpd.conf, and Included conf file, and all
your .htaccess files for all the Options directives, and find the one
that is overriding this one.  See also:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#options

Joshua.