httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_layout alternative?
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 18:46:40 GMT
On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 20:25:53 +0200, sc2@gmx.at <sc2@gmx.at> wrote:
> hello
> anyone has a alternative to mod_layout?
> i need a footer/header or other automaticaly code injection module for eg.
> banners etc.
> mod_layout cannot execute php files only html/cgi.
> anyone knows n alternative?
> thank you
> ps: hope im not wrong for this question on this list
> bye

You could look at php's auto_prepend_file / auto_append_file options:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/ini.sect.data-handling.php

Or you could use mod_ext_filter in apache 2, but this would be ugly and slow.

However, I don't see why you say mod_layout won't work with php.  I've
never used it myself, but the docs certainly claim it works with php.

Joshua.