httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Webmaster" <webmas...@filarescue.org>
Subject [users@httpd] index.php not working?
Date Sun, 01 Aug 2004 18:08:08 GMT

Apache 1.3
PHP 4.3.8
FreeBSD 5.2.1

The sites that use index.html work fine, but the one that uses index.php (tcslea.org) gives
me a "Cannot find server" page when I attempt to visit the site.

In my httpd.conf I have:

LoadModule php4_module libexec/apache/libphp4.so
AddModule mod_php4.c

and

DirectoryIndex index.html index.wml index.cgi index.shtml index.jsp index.js index.jp index.php4
index.php3 index.php index.phtml index.htm index.html.var default.htm default.html home.htm

As an experiment, I stuck a simple index.html into the home directory, and it displayed fine.
But when I take it out (leaving only the index.php) I'm back to the "Cannot find server" page.
I even get that page if I use the full http://tcslea.org/index.php url.

And on a side note... other sites' php scripts seem to be working flawlessly... it's just
the one that uses a .php file for an index page that's not coming up.

And on another side note... I experimented with a working site, by renaming the index.html
so it would not work, then moving the index.php from the non-working site over to the working
site... the index.php would work for the other site, but not on the site where it belongs.

I'm at a loss...

Thanks,
Chris