httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bryanb...@aol.com
Subject RE: [users@httpd] apache need to be restarted ... why ?
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 16:54:04 GMT
hello all

ive talked to the sys admin and no one has rebooted apache ...

owen wrote ...

- apache called a module which isn't consistently compiled (we don't know if he recently recompiled)

as a possible cause ...

ive been  making changed to jsp pages but am not sure if that is what u were referring to

i read elsewhere that syntax erros on jsp pages would never cause the apache to need to be
restarted ...

working on these jsp pages is the only actions that have been taken on the tomcat web server
... btw its the web server that needs to be restarted

i am aware that when adding jsp pages to a directory that directory needs to be stopped and
started using tomcats web manager ... but in this case only work was done on the files already
in the directory ... and yet problems still arose.

also,  when adding a jsp page to a directory, only that directory cannot be loaded up; the
root directory still can.  in my case, nothing can be loaded up when this happens.

thank you

bryan