httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.50 / Turkish Characters
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 07:22:12 GMT

This problem has come up a few times recently - with Arabic, Japanese,
Russian and Greek characters! Basically, the solution is to define the
character set in the HTTP header (rather than in a meta-tag which a
browser may ignore). To do this, use the "AddDefaultCharset" directive
(see docs for details). See also
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-users&m=108427538525907&w=2
for the Arabic solution.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> The meta tags I use are:
>
> <META http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;
> charset=windows-1254">
> <META http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;
> charset=ISO-8859-9">
> <META http-equiv="content-language" content="TR">
>

> I have to change the encoding of the web page to Turkish
> windows or ISO
> everytime.
>
> There must be a way to overcome this.
>
> Thanks for the help.