httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jason Morehouse ...@netconcepts.com>
Subject [users@httpd] gdbm: rewritemap -- broken?
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 17:44:37 GMT
Hello all,

I've spent the last 4 hours trying to get rewritemap to work with
apache-2.50 to no success.  I'm not sure if it's a bug, or I'm just
completely missing something.  Any help would be appreciated...

The text rewrite map works just fine:

	RewriteMap vhost txt:/var/www/map.txt

If I switch to a db, it doesn't error, but also doesn't rewrite.  The
database is a single gdmb file with 1 key and 1 value as is the text map.

	RewriteMap vhost dbm:/var/www/map

Specify ndbm: errors on apacheclr restart.
 	RewriteMap vhost dbm=gdbm:/var/www/map

[/usr/src/httpd-2.0.50]
Syntax error on line 44 of /etc/httpd.conf:
RewriteMap: dbm type gdbm is invalid

type is specified as documented in:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_rewrite.html

Apache is configured --with-gdbm as documented in:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/programs/configure.html

configure shows:
root-v>>./configure '--enable-rewrite' '--enable-so' '--enable-ssl=shared'
'--wi th-ssl=/usr/include/openssl' '--enable-ssl' --with-gdbm | grep -i
gdbm
checking gdbm.h usability... yes
checking gdbm.h presence... yes
checking for gdbm.h... yes
checking for gdbm_open in -lgdbm... yes
  setting APRUTIL_EXPORT_LIBS to "-lgdbm"
  setting APRUTIL_LIBS to "-lgdbm"

Oddly (or not?) a make only shows:

/usr/src/httpd-2.0.50/srclib/apr/libtool --silent --mode=link gcc
-g -O2 -pthread <snip...> -lgdbm  /usr/src/httpd-2.0.50/srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/lib/libexpat.la

~/apachectl -l

[/www/php/bin]
Compiled in modules:
  core.c