httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] What's the difference between mod_cache and the reverse proxy ?
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2004 21:42:44 GMT
On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 wolfgang127us@yahoo.co.jp wrote:

> Thank you for replying, Joshua.
>
> >  since running mod_proxy without mod_cache
> > wouldn't do anything for you.  It would simply pass every request from
> > one host to another.
>
> You mean if I wanna build a REVERSE proxy with apache,
> I have to install both mod_proxy and mod_cache ??

No.  But if you want to lighten the load on your database servers, then
you'll need to cache at the proxy.   Since both mod_proxy and mod_cache
have had some major updates since 2.0.50 was released, you might want to
look at the CVS versions.  But probably not without expert help.

You can.  See http://www.apacheweek.com/features/reverseproxies

--
Nick Kew