httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jurgen Stroo <bl...@JurgenStroo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache over NFS
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 20:48:25 GMT
The NFS mount is read-only for the config files and the binaries, the log
files are placed on a read-write NFS mount. I also tried them on RAM disk,
later this afternoon, but still, it is not working. The httpd is only
running on the NFS server itself, with the same config file.

I tried the LogLevel on debug, but the error logging is not very verbose,
so to speak. It does not say anything more than the warn level.

each node has its own read-write directory on the NFS share, so they do
not touch each others pid files.

An strace does not say about something going wrong.

lock and pid files should be able to reside on a ramdisk, as far as I can
concern.

I also saw that the diskless nodes don't have a swap file, may apache
needs a swap file of something?

http://jurgenstroo.com