httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache and MPM
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 14:05:27 GMT
On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 00:02:08 -0700 (PDT), Sunil Sharma
<linux_fan1@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello Friends
>
> I am new in this list..
>
> I installed httpd-2.0.49  from source.. on my redhat
> box(Redhat 9.0) with mod_ssl
> and following is my configuration options
>
> export
> EAPI_MM=/home/sunil/rnd/Apachetoolbox-1.5.70/src/mm-1.3.0

Hmmm... What the heck is that for?  Apache2 doesn't generally use EAPI/MM.

> I am selecting worker as mpm..and there are huge load
> on my web server..
> At a time I  got 600 to 700 concurrent connections ..
> so after some time apache2 stop responding and httpd
> process get killed...
> I don't understand where I am lacking..
> Is the worker mpm is suitable in my case.?

More details on exactly what you see might be useful.  Anything
interesting in the error log?

Of course, given enough memory, apache2+prefork should be able to
handle 700 concurrent connections, so you may want to try that.

Joshua.