httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] What do I do about execO?
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 08:57:25 GMT
Harold wrote:
> 1) When I test the installation the black screen shows up but disappears
> instantly, but I can see "syntax OK" before it goes.

As Jim suggested, ditch the icons and work in a console instead.

> Socket operation on non-socket; make _sock for address 0.0.0.0:80
> apr_opt_set (SO_KEEP_ALIVE) no listening sockets available, shutting
> down.
> I think it's "Unable to open logs."

This sounds like Apache is already running; so that the socket and logs are
already opened.

> (Please note -- the MS-DOS route in
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/windows.html is incorrect for 2.0.)

Use the 2.0 docs, eg:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/platform/windows.html

> 3) The conf is as downloaded except that I have added two lines at
> the top...
> ScriptAlias /php/ "c:/php/"
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

Have you decided on whether to run as CGI or module? However, forget PHP
until Apache is up and running fine.

> I have tried nstat -an, and the window vanishes before anything can
> be read.  I can almost "see" about four columns of numbers.

Run it from a console. If it scrolls away, you might try to:
    C:\> netstat -an > netstat.txt
Then open netstat.txt in some editor.

> I find there is a new Apache monitor icon in the tray.  Cursor-over
> indicates "no services installed."  I have yet to find any instructions
> as to how to install services.  <sigh>

You cannot install services in Windows 9x/ME; you need NT/2k/XP for that.

> So it is still dead.  Well, it's running, but I cannot open
> http://127.0.0.1/test.php, so for all practical purposes it might as
> well be dead.

It is runnig? How do you tell? Make just http://127.0.0.1/ work; then worry
about PHP.