httpd-users mailing list archives

From elec <elec....@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Page display problem XPSP2
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 18:40:29 GMT
I have currently discovered a problem which i cannot seem to figure
out. I have a linux box set up properly to utilize .htaccess auth.
this also have a number of vhosts, etc... .htaccess auth is set up on
one vhost. apache was built from source.

Following tests performed:

1. Windows XP SP2 Interal network access, (on LAN) : Authenticate, Access fine

2. Windows XP SP2 External network access (80 forwarded):
Authenticate, "Page cannot be displayed"

3. Windows XP SP2 External network access (1to1 NAT allow all):
Authenticate, "Page  cannot be displayed"

4. Windows 2000, external network access (80 forwarded): Authenticate,
Access Fine

5. Windows 2000, external network access (1to1 NAT allow all):
Authenticate, Acces Fine

6. .htaccess auth removed.... Everything works fine.

im not sure what the hell is going on